Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Work in Progress - the Rants of a Blog Construction Worker

So, this blog is definitely turning out to be a learning experience for me in more ways than just Shakespeare! I'm figuring out how to blog effectively, and in a way that will hopefully catch the attention of all of you out there!

My Hamlet soundtrack is turning out to be a bit more time consuming than I originally anticipated. I'm just trying to come up with a list of modern songs that fit various scenes throughout the play, but I want them to fit not just in lyrics, but also in mood and tonality. Which is where the tricky part comes in. Lots of songs may have some words that seem to fit a scene, but the tone is over at the end of the verse and it goes off on some random tangent! I want to have a list of about ten songs, and currently I'm at about four. So it's still coming!

In class, Professor Burton mentioned that he wants each blog to have a focus. Through this project I decided I want to research Shakespeare in pop culture, specifically music. As one classmate mentioned on a blog post, that makes the title of this blog much more fitting! :) So that's the direction I'm planning on taking this in. Hope you'll tune in!
                                      How To Read Music Notes