Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Personal Evaluation


We are now at the end of the road. Semester is over! Here is my evaluation of my own work these past few months:

  • Posts
    • Quantity--  I have posted 37 posts over the semester, all fulfilling various learning outcomes. My posts have been regular and varied, looking into different aspects all while working towards my concluding thesis.
    • Content -- I have tried to do a variety of posts, with some being historical, some being analysis of a character, some being summaries of scholarly sources, and some being a reflection on the social learning that I've participated in.
    • Format -- I have tried to clearly label my posts, and include links to direct the reader to more detailed information so as not to confuse or bore with extremely long posts. My blog is organized and cleanly put together.
  • Research
    • Thematic Focus-- I started out the semester unsure of a theme to pursue, and upon research and reading I came up with my current thesis of modern popular culture and it's ties with Elizabethan popular culture. Throughout my blog I have supporting evidence that proves my thesis. 
    • Thesis & Cohesion-- My hub post ties together my older posts with my recent additions by connecting them all to my thesis statement.
    • Sources -- In my Sources page I outline all of the various sources I used for research throughout the semester, which are many and varied.
  • Personal & Social
    • Author identity -- I think I've done a good job of keeping my own personal voice throughout the blog. I have been more serious when it was necessary, but in the majority of my blog posts I let the reader see my personality through either my own personal commentary or the pictures that I include.
    • Documentation of Process--I have a few posts that describe my process of deciding on a thesis, as well as some posts that admit complete and utter confusion and ask for the help of my peers. I'm not afraid to say I don't know! I think my blog has documented well what I've done throughout the semester, as well as my process of arriving at my thesis.
    • Interactions-- I have done a really good job of interacting with others in the class. From participating in the flash mob, and the Grassroots production, to the Fred Adams interview, and general commenting and blog reading I've tried really hard to be connected with my classmates. It's way more enjoyable that way anyhow!
  • Design
    • Appropriate to Theme -- I'm still no master blogger, but I did learn how to edit my page and layout, and tried to edit it in a way that isn't distracting but compliments my theme of discussion, while still staying somewhat academic.
    • Side content -- I have information about me as the author of the blog, as well as a blog archive that helps readers easily navigate my older blog posts.