Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Responses to Comments



Thanks so much for commenting on my posts guys! Like Professor Burton says, it really does make the blogging experience a lot more interesting when I get the chance to interact with you guys and hear about what you are thinking. I've been asked by a few of you the same questions, and I figured I'd post about the answers rather than repeat myself three or four times!

1. More details on Richard III Grassroots Shakespeare - I played the parts of Hastings, and of Queen Margaret. Also at the end, I was in the big battle scene between Richard's army and Richmond's army. The setup of the rehearsal was that we broke off into groups, and each rehearsed our scene for about twenty minutes. We' figure out staging, as well as how we'd share our few copies of the script (since many of the parts got reassigned on the fly). They went through the whole play this way, just quickly rehearsing scenes in groups. Then, we did a dry run through of the play. Each scene went up and acted, and the rest of the cast would watch and provide feedback at the end of the scene. Then, it was showtime! Like I mentioned, it was definitely a mixed bag of actors, interpretations of the text, and props that were used.

2. As for my song, I am thinking I am going to write it from Ophelia's viewpoint...I have two verses written down and I'm working on a chorus. It's coming along! I'll hopefully be able to perform it in class this Friday! Thanks again for all of the input!