Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Library Research

[Picture: Stack of old books]
So yesterday I took Professor Burton's advice and went to the library. It took a good hour or so, but I couldn't believe how many books there were about Shakespeare! I definitely saw books pertinent to every single topic that we have indicidually chosen for our blogs, even as specific as the Naxi appropriation of Shakespeare. Pretty amazing. I found about fifteen books that I can use in my thesis statement study, as explained in my previous post. If any of you don't remember that thesis, here's a refresher!

SHAKESPEARE'S WORKS HAVE HAD SUCH LASTING SUCCESS NOT MERELY BECAUSE OF THEIR BEAUTY AND INSIGHT INTO THE HUMAN CONDITION, BUT BECAUSE THEY RAISE DIFFICULT QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE CONSIDERED AND ADDRESSED. THESE ISSUES ARE STILL BEING LOOKED AT TODAY, AND SHAKESPEARE'S WORKS HAVE FACILITATED PUBLIC THOUGHT INTO SUCH DILEMMAS.

Posts from here till I finish my research will go topic by topic based on my research into each area. To start it off, my next post will be on Shakespeare and the themes of revenge and victimization in his works.