Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Looking for Richard

So, I was looking for popular culture items, and I stumbled upon a really interesting movie project. Apparently Al Pacino directed and starred in a film of Richard III. Here is a brief description according to rottentomatoes.com:


"Moving from New York's streets to London's reconstructed Globe Theater, and talking with everyone from strangers encountered by chance to scholars and celebrated actors, Al Pacino serves as the voluble, mercurial center of a film that interweaves commentary on Shakespeare with analysis of, rehearsals for, and key segments from, a film version of Richard III."


I think this is a really interesting take on Shakespeare. According to Wikipedia,

"Looking for Richard is a 1996 documentary film and the first film directed by Al Pacino. It is both a performance of selected scenes of William Shakespeare's Richard III and a broader examination of Shakespeare's continuing role and relevance in popular culture."

Since my focus is Shakespeare and pop culture, I'm planning on getting this movie and watching it sometime this week. If anyone else is interested in joining me just let me know! We can all get together and watch!