Pages

Welcome to the World of Shakespeare. Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen, sit back, and enjoy the ride! PS: Please keep hands and feet inside of the vehicle at all times. ;)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A comparison of "She's the Man" and "Twelfth Night"


So, I don't know if I should ba ashamed to admit this, but I chose to read Twelfth Night because I love the movie She's the Man, which is a modern telling of the play. I'm enjoying reading the play immensely, but while reading it I've noticed that there are quite a few differences between Shakespeare's version and Amanda Bynes's version. So, I plan on watching the movie, and making a list of where it deviates from the original text. Since the focus of my blog is Shakespeare in pop culture, i figured this would be a good way to go! :) Question: would anyone be interested in watching the movie with me? Everyone is welcome! I'm going to watch it tomorrow night at around 7. Let me know! :)